Mommy & Me
Mommy & Me Swim!
Chastain Park Athletic Club is excited to offer Mommy & Me Swim Class!
Baby/Toddler and parent swim class
June TBD – 5 week session
Fridays, 11:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Option 1: 5 week session for $100
Option 2: Drop-in fee of $25 per class
Come join us for fun in the pool with your little one.
If you have questions or to reserve your space please email Kelsey Goldstein at SwimLessons@ChastainParkAthleticClub.org
We look forward to seeing you there!
There are many benefits of babies swimming even if it is a slightly daunting experience for most parents trying it for the first time. For the most part there is nothing to worry about. Infants can start swimming from birth.
Benefits of Your Baby Swimming:
- Swimming is one of the best loved family activities – many children say it is their favorite family pastime. So, one of the benefits of baby swimming is that it starts building water confidence early.
- Swimming helps to improve coordination and balance. Because much of your baby’s body is supported by water, the main focus for them is on maintaining balance. On the whole, babies who swim have a much better balance out of the pool.
- Swimming helps to build muscles. Working and strengthening all of their muscles effectively helps to make them stronger.
- Swimming strengthens your baby on the inside. While swimming will help to develop their muscles and joints, it also improves the strength of their heart and lungs, and helps to develop their brain.
- Swimming can improve their sleeping pattern. While it isn’t going to make them sleep through the night every night, the extra exercise will help to make your baby sleepier.
- Swimming can improve a baby’s appetite. Lots of gentle exercise and warm water helps to make a baby hungry, so make sure you have some sort of snack or milk for after they finish.
- Swimming builds water confidence. Many parents pass on an uneasiness of water to their children because they themselves are not confident swimmers. Going in the water with your baby will not only make them more assured about being in and around water, it can build your confidence too!